Our Vision and Mission
Vision: People seamlessly connected to each other and their environments in a safe, private, and secure world. Life is easier and richer through the adoption of the Internet of Things.
Mission: Enable effective use and spur broad adoption of the Internet of Things by making it as easy to discover and interact with connected devices, as it is to find and use information on the open web. The resulting open ecosystem should facilitate experimentation with applications and user experience, ensure privacy and security, and should aid the development of systems that guarantee interoperability.
The IoT System Stack
We define the following hardware and software stack to enable a successful IoT ecology.
- Extensible and integrated
- Security & privacy sensitive
- End-user programmable
- Widely deployable We aim to enhance human to human, human to system and human to environment interaction
Distributed and Modular Architecture
- Robust Security Layer (OAuth, SSL)
- Well Defined, Easy to Use, and Well Documented REST API for Easy Portability
- Supports both Push (Subscription) and Pull (Get/Post) Models for Sensor Data Collection
- Exisiting Device Connectors for a Variety of IoT devices
- Fine Grained Actuation
- Integrated Example Driven Machine Learning
- Easy to Use and Understand GUI for Visualization and Management
- Permissive Open-Source BSD License
Active Development and Support
Long Term: Our long term goals focus on exanding and deepening this feature list, while ensuring that GioTTO remains both secure and easy to use, to ensure that anyone can interact with the IoT world in a safe and secure manner.